Moderators: Voice Dax, Voice Aeneas

Re: Sounders over United!!!

Postby Asoc » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:55 pm

Its the Catalina Wine Mixer
Asoc
Squire

Postby _Nagash_ » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:08 am

I have always been under the impression that "United" was short for Manchester United... :P
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Asoc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:05 am

Who the fuck is Manchester United?

All kidding aside.

Many teams are "United"
For example, West Ham United and Newcastle United.

The United you refer to is also known as ManUre.

Seriously though, I could give a fuck about English Football except when an American is playing for a team there. Then I want the American to do well, and thus his team to do well.
Asoc
Squire

Postby _Nagash_ » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:13 am

Of course. But ManU is the 'United'. ;)

You should give some of the European leagues a chance. The level of the Italian Serie A, the English Premier League and the Spanish Primera Division is very high.

Not going to say that it's because there are few Americans playing there (too easy and too little credit for US footie ;)), but even if you have to put your chauvinism aside the matches can be a joy to watch.

Arsenal - Manchester United
Internazionale - AC Milan
Real Madrid - Barcelona
Bayern Munchen - Hamburger SV

All matches to watch, even for the non-footie fan.
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!

Postby Asoc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:49 pm

I know the quality is good in those other leagues:-p
I just only care about my teams:-)
Seattle Sounders and team USA.

Oh, and ManUre is shit, they deserve to die for unleashing Beckham on this world.

I watch games when they are on tv occasionally, so mostly EPL or Uefa CL games. But I don't have any of the Soccer channels on my cable package, so it is whatever ESPN or Fox Sports picks up. Both stations are showing more and more Soccer though.
Asoc
Squire

Postby Maverick » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:00 pm

I like La Liga more than EPL generally. In my opinion its La Liga, EPL, Seria A. I get Fox Sports Soccer though so I can generally see most EPL games and some Liga/Seria A if the match ups are good, ie they played the Derby between Inter Milan and AC.

ESPN supposedly has bought the rights to show EPL games in England, so its likely that EPL games are going to be broadcast live in the US at some point soon.

And the only US soccer team worthwhile is obviously the Chicago Fire.

:P
I saw my advantage and I took it,
Thats what heroes do.
I <3 Venus. Join the Club!
Maverick
Knight

Postby Asoc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:48 pm

HE'S FAT
HE'S ROUND
HE BOUNCES ON THE GROUND!!!

BLAAAANNCOOOO
BLAAAANNCOOOO

Setanta went poof in the US and thus the EPL rights they bought off FSC were up in the air, ESPN bought those former Setanta EPL rights.

They are already showing live EPL games.

Check out ESPN360.com too for more Soccer coverage.
Asoc
Squire

Postby 68guy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Chicago Fire? PHHEWWW! The Crew, however horribly named, is twice the team! That's why it'll be two in a row for the Columbus Crew! You know, the Crew that won the MLS cup and Champions cup last year? Yeah, that team. The Champions.
"We just came to party down,
Killing every scene around,
We just came to party hardy hardy hardy..."
68guy
Pickpocket

Postby The Next Dyvim Tvar » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:24 pm

Man U Vs Arsenal is only a good game if you enjoy seeing one side trying to play attractive football while the other, less interesting team tries to kick Arsenal off the park.
Fuck United, seriously. And I hope Darren Fletcher dies in a chemical fire, after having watched his whole family die in a house fire that he was responsible for two weeks prior---well okay, maybe half his family? Seriously though I never liked Fletcher and if he were in a team that had less people riding it's collective dicks nobody would know who the fuck he is from Adam. Not that I'm bitter or anything, oh no:-<
Also the Serie A is a joke and a hollow shell of its former self and La Liga is clearly the best footballing league in the world, plus they have Guillem Balague doing the round up show on Sky, and he's sooooooooo dreamy!

I still don't get to see enough MLS, which is a shame because I like some of the talent they have on display and would like to be able to watch them progress better (Hi Josh Lambo, how are you?).
Like John Leslie but without the Scottish accent and fractionally less rape allegations from Ulrika Jonsson.
The Next Dyvim Tvar
Stablehand

Postby Asoc » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:02 pm

Dyvim, how did you learn about Lambo?

Oh yeah, and to go with the title of this thread...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXD-FAfbLLU
Asoc
Squire

Postby The Next Dyvim Tvar » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:15 am

I know my shit man, I know my shit.
He was linked with Everton a while back, did a couple of training sessions with them as I recall. Everything stalled out though which I think is probably for the best.
I saw some stuff from the Nike friendlies that he was in with the under 18 squad as well, he looks like one hell of a prospect but I don't really know how he's progressed in the last three years or so.
I also quite like Guzan, although I think going to Villa wasn't the best choice he could've made.
Like John Leslie but without the Scottish accent and fractionally less rape allegations from Ulrika Jonsson.
The Next Dyvim Tvar
Stablehand

Postby Asoc » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:54 am

Guzan did great with Chivas USA, I don't think he is the heir to the US Goalkeeper position though. Timmy is holding that down for awhile I think. But we(the US) always seem to have someone lined up...

Lambo hasn't gotten playing time in Dallas. And MLS dropped the reserve league this year. So less games for him to get exp in. He is still playing for the youth national teams though.

He is on the Roster for the u-20 world cup in Egypt starting at the end of the month.
Asoc
Squire

Postby The Next Dyvim Tvar » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Yeah I saw that, hopefully he'll be starting and I'll be able to catch as many games as I can.
And I agree about Guzan, he's kind of in an uneviable position when it comes to the national team position. I really liked what I saw of him in Chivas games, he also had a pretty tasty pre-season with Villa this year, however they chose to go with Friedel as starter again anyway.
The US keeper situation is pretty interesting, there pretty much always seems to be pretty exciting young prospects being churned out in one way or another. I quite the like the kid who plays for Kaiserslautern as well, although I hear he's not really considered in the running for the national position at all. He's also clearly forgetable because I can't remember his name at all, but that could be because he's not motherfucking JOSH LAMBO bitches!!!!

Also, PRETTY IS MY WORD OF THE MOMENT!!!!

PRETTY!!
The Next Dyvim Tvar
Stablehand

Return to Comments