One of those Talonspyre Threads

- General Comments.

Moderators: Voice Dax, Voice Aeneas

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby owly » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Gerien wrote:Actually it's about 3 weeks. Generally it's used in conjunction with discussion-based therapy. Again, it doesn't change you, but depression is a chemical imbalance that keeps you from living up to your own expectations or desires. Correcting that imbalance doesn't change who you or are alter your mind.


Yup
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:10 pm

Well then, I will go talk with my pharmacist. Just need to know if I can drink beer on it.

I have been talking with the doctor and counseling sounds good, as long as I really know the areas I need improvement on. Otherwise there is no real direction to the therapy. I think I have found some areas of improvement:

1. Relationships
2. Trust

We will see about the others. I am going to pick it up. I was talking to some of my close friends and they will be watching for any changes.

I hope this helps.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby Tubs » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:19 pm

The trouble with the mind is that no one understands how it works and there's often confusing feedback in clinical test trials of these antidepressant drugs for treating mild depression. If you look at the test trials, you'll see that the placebo tests work incredibly well to help mild depression, with the drugs only showing a small percentage gain further over the placebo. The reason, I think, is because the very act of recognizing that you have a problem and seeking help and taking something for it is enough to make ones mind up that the problem is being fixed.

You can find information about this via Google with a search like 'antidepressant vs placebo'.

I don't know if this information will help you or not, but you might be interested. I only know about this stuff because I have an unnatural fascination in how the human mind works. This may sound way out there to you, but you may have the best success at dealing with your depression by going to a hypnotherapist.
User avatar
Tubs
Peasant
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: California

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby owly » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:01 pm

Even though my condition is much worse than your i say the right kind of medicine can help you cope with every day stuff. My medicine helps my and my hallucinations which seem so real, imagine seeing a three foot spider run across the wall, fast and scary then you know the daily life i go through....
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby Tubs » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:12 pm

Schizophrenia is a whole other ballgame! You need to stay on that medication.
User avatar
Tubs
Peasant
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: California

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby Reylan Talonspyre » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:18 pm

That is scary Owly!

I took my first pill. Fuck it. After talking with doctor and pharmacist via phone, I think I will give it a go. Things are getting worse and I find myself feeling like it isn't worth it anymore. I am getting depressed about being depressed. My friends are all disappearing on me. I need to win this battle over my will. If I am to do that, I need weapons, and Wellbutrin is one of those weapons.

I just hope it is enough to tip the scales in my favor and that there is no awful side-effect to using these purchased weapons.
I still think I would make a great pope.
Portia-Reylan Hegemony
User avatar
Reylan Talonspyre
Sticky Fingers
 
Posts: 9912
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Gatekeepers

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby Gerien » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:14 pm

I've never had any side effects, and I definitely drink on it. :cheers: :lol:
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby owly » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:33 pm

i hope you find the right drug, a lot of times it all trail and error and trail and error before you find the right one for your needs.....
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby Nato » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:23 pm

I took Wellbutrin and Lexapro for a few years. It made everything easier to deal with. I stopped taking it once I felt capable of affecting my own life instead of vice versa. I remember having some sad drunk times when drinking on Wellbutrin in the beginning. For the record, I am normally a fantastic drunk.
User avatar
Nato
Pickpocket
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia.

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby Gerien » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Nato wrote:For the record, I am normally a fantastic drunk.

Let the jokes begin. :mrgreen:
Grunt wrote:Its a Bird
Its a plane
Its Super Librarian

Read about our journey to open The Dog House hot dog restaurant
User avatar
Gerien
Threadjacker
 
Posts: 4776
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: http://thedoghousehotdogs.blogspot.com

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby Venus » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:58 pm

i took lexapro for a few years after my divorce and i have a friend who takes wellbutrin

it doesnt affect your mind, it just makes things make more sense so to speak

it also makes things not seem quite so overwhelming
i used to think psychiatric drugs were shit, and that you should be able to control your own damn actions and feelings without drugs.
i learned differently when i really needed them.


i stopped when i felt like i could control my life myself again.

but there is NOTHING wrong with using what u want to call a weapon to get back on track.

nothing at all.

you seem to think u should be able to overcome this yourself. the thing is, sometimes the most strong willed people cant.
dont be ashamed to do what u gotta do
it wont be forever and it WILL help u if you find the right drug for you.

and dont think your the only one whos needed them or help. your not.
Venus
Fervent
User avatar
Venus
Soul of Barnabas
 
Posts: 8918
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: im right here!

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby owly » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:59 pm

She's a drunk fantastic
Lone NUT
Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of Robo-Cop
If you think I don't make sense think about the evidence that Big Foot is my Papa and he got to protect ME!

DoC... Trench Town Rock... Soul Rebal...Kaya.....Thank you lord
User avatar
owly
Master Knight
 
Posts: 6022
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:00 pm
Location: I'm In Your Frige Stealing Your Food!!!

Re: One of those Talonspyre Threads

Postby _Nagash_ » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:37 am

Nato wrote:For the record, I am normally a fantastic drunk.



In the "open wide and say my name" way? ;)
Honorary title: Verena's right nipple
User avatar
_Nagash_
Teh Spam!
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:13 am
Location: Swaffletown

Previous

Return to Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron