Firearms for the women.

- General Comments.

Moderators: Voice Dax, Voice Aeneas

Firearms for the women.

Postby Atla » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:14 am

So let's talk women folk.

I'm in one of my rare bored moods. It's 11:30pm, it's hot and muggy out. And I've been reading even more depressing literature on the loss of freedom in the U.S.

So what better way to combat my feelings of despair and anger towards our politicans and self-serving sons of bitches who feel the need to dictate our lives, by spreading information they probably would prefer you not to know.

As tempting as it is to remove my hands from the mouse and keyboard and grab up a rope and start some lynching... that time hasn't come just yet.

So instead I'm going to spread a little info. Sure, most of you will skim through this. As it will be a bit technical at times. Most of you will ignore it, but hopefully a few of you will read it.

And if it saves you or a loved ones life. It was worth it.

Not to mention just by paying attention to me, and learning something - I'll be cock slapping those sons of bitches with my cod.

So.

Women have a 50% chance of being victim of a violent crime by the age of 30.

We all know friends, girlfriends, wives, sisters, or even yourself who has been raped, assaulted, molested.

I'm not going to go into the important stuff on what to look out for. Because that will be another thread, and I ain't no intellect on that subject.(I'll get Boz to help me!)

But I do know some shit.

So let's talk about protection for women.

Semi-auto's or Revolvers?

This is what is called a Semi-Automatic. Or Semi-auto. It's a glock, so there is no hammer to be pulled back such as the 1911's. Being a Glock, it is the safest, most dependable, durable, magnificent handgun that has ever been created.

Semi-Auto's hold more rounds then a Revolver, they also load faster, and are more concealable due to the slim design. However, they require more training and practice. They run from roughly 250-550$.

This is a Revolver. Holds fewer rounds, less concealable, but also easier to learn to use and fire. Run from 200-450$.

Regardless of which type you choose - GET A HANDGUN.

---------------------------------------

The rule to follow, is to carry the largest pistol you can conceal, in the most powerful cartridge you can handle. Do -not- pick the tiny 'cute' handgun. Your handgun has to have sufficent power to stop an assailant.

A too-powerful handgun, will defeat the purpose. As it can break your wrists, throw off your aim, put you on your ass, and in general - bad things will happen which will end up in you not getting off another shot and facing a very pissed off attacker.

The best thing to do, is to go to find an indoor gun-range, as they will have various handguns you canrent and try out. Or even better, find someone you know who is an avid shooter and get them to help you try and select the right handgun for you.

Choose the one that feels best to you. If you don't bond with your gun, you will be more likely to leave it at home and not have it when you need it. Not to mention liking your firearm will get you out on the range practicing and help make the firearm a natural part of yourself.

How much should you pay?

As much as your life is worth.

I won't bore you with a list of handguns that you should check out. Because chances are, you won't have access to many of them. So do as I said before, find one that feels good to you. In the most powerful cartridge that you can handle.

I'll list the basic cartridge sizes real quick. With the least powerful to the most powerful.

.22 being the weakest, and .45 being the strongest. A good general rule of thumb is the higher the cartridge(the bigger the number) the more stopping power you will have.

And you -do- want stopping power. It's what will save your life.

You should be able to figure out 'full-size' 'compact' and 'sub-compact'. It refers to the size of the firearm and concealability of it.

How to daily carry your handgun.

There are currently 24 states that allow open-carry. But very few people will actually carry a handgun in a belt holster. The liberals would freak anyways.(Which is why YOU SHOULD DO IT)

There are two types of conceal carry methods.

First - On-body. Which is in a fanny-pack, or hidden holster.
Second - Off-body. Such as a gun-purse.

Both have pro's and con's, but you need to remember. The more concealed a hangun is, the slower it is to draw it when you need it.

Conceal carry holsters are great, they can be covered with an untucked blouse, shirt, vest, sweater, jacket and you need to wear some loose fitting britches. They also have 'inside the thigh' holsters that women can wear under dresses. Also 'bra conceal' holsters for women with ah.... big boobies. But these are slow to draw.

Heh.

The problem with off-body conceal gear, is that it can be seperated from you easier. Purses, cell phone cases, brief cases, etc. They'll go with anything you wear, but it's a lot harder to get your handgun out when you need it. And if you're being mugged, they'll be wanting your purse/case/whatever.

You need to practice a lot with off-body conceal gear so you can get your handgun out faster.

Practice.

Take a concealed carry course- it's around 80 to a 100 bucks and a weekend course at your local gun range. They help to teach you the basics of safe and effective gun handling. Also make you aware of the laws that will prevent you from defending yourself.

But you must practice.

A weekend course won't turn you into a pistolero. Get good training for 300 reps, which will imprint your short term memory with proper stance, firing, etc. Then 3,000 reps to imprint your long term memory.

Go atleast twice a month. Dryfire practice several times a week(dry firing is when you remove all ammo from your handgun, and practice firing it. It will help you to naturally do it correctly in a hostile and stressful enviroment.

SHOOT THAT MOTHERFUCKER!

Most assaults can be avoided. A potential threat anticipated, is a threat halved.

When some creep is following you on the street, DO NOT BE SHY. Grip your handgun and draw it, discreetly if possible. If the situtation is beyond being discrete, draw it openly and get out of there.

An atheletic man can cover 20 feet in a second and a half.

If you start feeling a bad vibe - wrapping your hands around your life-saver will be a good head start. Keep him atleast THREE CAR lengths away from you if possible. Increase the distance as much as possible, and try to get something between you and him. Such as a car, dumpster, whatever. But STAY in the most public area as possible. Don't turn down an alley to find a dumpster to put between you two.

If he sees you armed and continues to advance towards you, he ain't lost. He isn't looking for a quarter for a phone call. He'll harm you if you let him. He'll rape you then toss your dead, disgraced body into a dumpster.

If he is a good guy, he'll stop. If he's a bad guy, he'll advance.

SHOOT HIM.

Shoot him repeatedly until he drops.

Do not listen to what he has to say, do not let his innocent smile mentally disarm you. Anyone advancing on an obviously scared and armed woman is a son of a bitch who needs to be shot immediatly.

If theres time for a verbal warning, ok. If not, to bad - his seeing your handgun was warning enough.

DO NOT FIRE A WARNING SHOT

A warning shot is an intentional miss. You did not practice and train to miss. You have no idea where that warning bullet will go, and who it could hurt. And legally speaking, you can't point a gun at a non-thread.

If you are firing a warning shot, then you realize he is a thread. If you realize he is a thread, then why aren't you stopping him?

What about wounding him in the leg?

It is incredibly difficult to hit a moving target, especially something as small as a leg. It's hard enough in a non-stressful enviroment at the local gun range. But when it comes to being in a high stress situtation, being scared out of your mind, with you hands trembling from adrenaline.... you ain't gonna hit something small.

Besides, a leg shot is not a reliable stopper.

Body and headshots only. Have no mercy but for yourself.

You must stop him. Three shots to the chest, if he doesn't stop, shoot him in the head or groin. If he still doesn't stop, shoot him in the other place I just mentioned. The pelvic bone is huge, putting a round into it will take someone down.

Get ugly.

Cuss him. Scream at him. Not only are you making a helluva racket for anyone with good morals to start running your way, but you're also warning him off. Theres all sorts of psycho-babble about why you should cuss an attacker.

Mainly because it's their language. It also makes you very clear and understandable.

Get mad at them.

The only woman to escape Ted Bundy was Carolyn daRonch, who fought like a wildcat.

Think of a rapists point of view, he was expecting an easy victim now he has an armed, pissed off, crazy woman screaming obsenities at him. There ain't much incentive in hanging around.

Maybe that sort of action ain't you. Maybe you a bit timid.

Do whatever it takes to save your life, even if it means for an incredibly short period of time becoming something that isn't you. You will still have the rest of your life to get over it. Which is much better then the alternative.
~Atla!
Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace! -MajGen Rupertus, USMC.
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns

Postby Belle » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:31 am

I made it to 32. Does that mean I'm in the clear now?

8)

Guns are good. Pretty shiny metal....
Who is more irrational? A man who believes in a God he doesn't see, or a man who's offended by a God he doesn't believe in? ~Brad Stine

Jesus loves you but I'm His favorite.

Belle
Unstable

Postby Thyarr » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:37 am

Note to self: Never ever ask a woman for a coin for a phone call.
-Thyarr
let my mind shine like a halo
Thyarr
Happy Man Child

Postby Biggles » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:01 am

So by "victims" do you mean "turned inside out" and by "violent crime" do you mean "Biggles' penis"?
If they don't want us masturbating in the library, why do they have all those books about fire trucks?
Biggles
Pickpocket

Postby Hern » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:11 am

I prefer a shotgun, but that's a little hard to carry in your purse.

~pokes Biggles~

I'd feel assaulted if that came near me;p
Tom Hanks-The Innocent Tiki
I've been afriad of changing cuz I've build my life around you
Do you know the muffing man?
AMUCK AMUCK AMUCK
Hern
Stablehand

Postby Outlaw » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:52 am

Glocks... bleh, XD is the way to go... Here's why:

http://springfield-armory.primediaoutdoors.com/SPstory11.html
-Outlaw
Outlaw
Stablehand

Postby Atla » Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:46 pm

I want to say I read that article before, when it came out.

And it is a truely magnificant gun. Superior to the Glock in several aspects.

But.

Springfield only sell individual parts to police armories. Not to citizens. You have to ship the pistol to SA's armory to have parts replaced for breakage or malfunction. (Which means you not only have to pay for the part, you also must pay shipping and handling both ways, and for the installment of the part at there set ridiculous price... it's not as if you can have someone else who is cheaper install it now can you?)

Personally I don't care much for a gun manufacturer who will only sell replacement parts to the police and not to citizens.

---------------------

And Biggles penis is the most frightening weapon a woman will ever see.... If you're scared of small atrophied and shriveled peckers that is.
~Atla!
Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace! -MajGen Rupertus, USMC.
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns

Postby Lady Maven » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:25 pm

I now carry this:

And pepper spray in a foam (Iforget who mentioned it first here, but I love it) that leaves a stain on the creep so what is left of his sorry ass can be located.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out screaming "HOLY SHIT ..... what a ride"!!
Lady Maven
Royalty

Postby Atla » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:40 pm

I'll readily admit that I didn't know that about the XD until I researched it a bit more.

I want to say I had read some reasons behind not buying firearms from Springfield Armory somewhere, so I was looking that up when I came across that tidbit about part availability.

And I'm biased as hell, because I love Glocks. So I was trying to dig up some dirt on the XD. ;>
~Atla!
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns

Postby Grunt » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:19 pm

Shotgun is the way to go
just pump it and send most away in a hurry
Random acts of kindness will save the world
A Few Tend the Tree of Freedom so Many can Live in its Shade
To send men to the firing squad judicial proof is unnecessary Che Guevara
Doing the right thing is seldom popular and never easy
Grunt
Upper Royalty

Postby Atla » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:09 pm

Sadly, in todays society you can't walk around with a shotgun slung over your shoulder in most places.

So instead you have to be 'discrete', 'secretive', and under-armed.
~Atla!
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns

Postby Biggles » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:10 pm

Atla wrote:And Biggles penis is the most frightening weapon a woman will ever see.... If you're scared of small atrophied and shriveled peckers that is.

How dare you accuse my penis of smallness! Would you call a whale a tadpole? Is the moon nothing more than a big rock? Is Richard Simmons only a little bit quirky?

Your insults are akin to all these.

Obvious lies and grossly disproportionate to boot!
If they don't want us masturbating in the library, why do they have all those books about fire trucks?
Biggles
Pickpocket

Postby Atla » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:16 pm

R-------(9:43:56 PM): They will fall to their knees in awe of the BIGGLE COCK!

My response on IM to his analogy's.[/quote]
~Atla!
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns

Postby Demi Hemerood » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:29 pm

Don't hate the little man because he's packing a six-shooter!
Demi Hemerood
Squire

Postby Sturm » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:05 pm

Shotguns are easily concealed (provided you cut the barrel & stock down enough), but you didn't here that from me. :wink:

Atla just curious to your list of caliber's , you list the 45 as having more stopping power then a 357, I was under the impression the python an magnum were more powerful then the 45 ?

Noticed you didn't list ole reliable 44 either, but unless the women folk in the US are built like brick shithouses i can see your point in doin so it's a moot point.
~Bo,Sart~ RiP~
It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death, it is then the truest valor to dare to live."
~Amo ut invenio~Fidei Defensor Vexillarius~
Sturm
Armchair Warrior

Location: Look up, see that funny colored star...Smile please!!

Re: Firearms for the women.

Postby Thantos » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:35 am

Atla wrote:There are currently 24 states that allow open-carry. But very few people will actually carry a handgun in a belt holster. The liberals would freak anyways.(Which is why YOU SHOULD DO IT)

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say California isn't one of those.
retired LEH | DEAD CELL

Dancin' on da hood while Casper's drivin' - Ghost Ride Da Whip
:dood: :duel1: :pissed: :action3: :twisted:
Thantos
Squire

Postby Gorfin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:30 am

Preemption is the act of a state legislature passing laws which limit or eliminate the ability of local governments to regulate the possession or carrying of firearms thereby insuring that those who do choose to open carry do not face a patchwork of conflicting local laws as they travel across a given state

Gold Star Open Carry States - To qualify as for this category, a state must have passed full preemption of all firearms laws. They must also permit Open Carry to all non-prohibited citizens without permit or license. And Open Carry must be lawful on foot and in a motor vehicle.

Licensed Open Carry States - To qualify as for this category, a state must have passed full preemption of all firearms laws. They must also permit Open Carry to all non-prohibited citizens once they have been issued a permit or license. And Open Carry must be lawful on foot and in a motor vehicle.

Anomalous Open Carry States - In these states, open carry is generally lawful, but the state may lack preemption or there may be other significant restrictions.

Non-Permissive Open Carry States - In these states, open carry is not lawful, or is only lawful under such a minute set of circumstances, that it is meaningless.

As can be seen, only seven states and the District of Columbia fully prohibit the open carry of firearms. Additionally, there are eleven states which permit open carry without requiring the citizen to apply for any permit or license.

Disclaimer: While state law may not prohibit the open carry of loaded firearms, it is not uncommon for law enforcement to be unaware of this fact. Especially in states with highly restrictive laws regarding firearms ownership, even though legal, open carry could result in serious negative consequences.
G~
AMAZING BUT TRUE ... There is so much sand in Northern Africa that if it were spread out it would completely cover the Sahara Desert.
Gorfin
Pickpocket

Postby Gorfin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:35 am

so, califorina does allow Open Carry, but some municipalities may not.

suprizingly, Texas is not open carry

for CCW

In 39 concealed-carry states, issuing officials may not arbitrarily deny a concealed-carry application, a practice known as Florida-style "shall issue." Nine states have "may issue" laws requiring the applicant to demonstrate specific "need." In practice, this is often a mechanism to deny licensing.

These "may issue" states range from "shall issue" in practice (e.g. Alabama and Connecticut); to "at the whim of local officials" (e.g. New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and California, (where rural officials liberally issue permits, but urban officials seldom do); to "almost non-issue" in states such as Maryland (where even documented death threats have been insufficient to persuade officials to issue licenses); to "never-issue" Hawaii, (where licenses are never issued under any circumstances).

Two states, (Vermont and Alaska), allow a non-felon aged 16 or 21 respectively, to carry without a permit. Alaskan residents may optionally obtain a permit granting reciprocal carry rights in certain other states, or to be exempted from the NICS background check.

As of 2006, only two states—Wisconsin and Illinois—have no provision for legal concealed-carry of firearms. There are currently movements in each of these states to pass concealed-carry laws; legislation was passed in 2004 and again in 2005, but vetoed by the respective governors. The Kansas legislature overrode the governor's veto to enact a concealed-carry law on March 23rd, 2006.

Reciprocal recognition of concealed-carry privileges vary state-to-state, are negotiated between individual states, and sometimes additionally depend on the residency status of the licenseholder, even when holding a permit or license. Presently, a license or permit from most states, held by a resident of that state, is recognized in approximately 30 other states. In contrast, a license or permit from most states, held by a non-resident of that state, is recognized in slightly fewer than 30 other states at present. Attempts have been made in the United States House of Representatives to enact legislation to compel complete reciprocity for concealed-carry licenses (just as motor vehicle licenses enjoy complete reciprocity.) The United States Senate has introduced similar legislation.

A licensee residing in one state may be able to carry or transport a weapon to another provided there is a reciprocity agreement between the states. A licensee is considered to have constructive knowledge of the law as it applies (that is, courts will presume the licensee knows the law, whether the licensee has troubled himself to learn it or not).

Legislation, case-law, and interpretation thereof by law enforcement agencies change rapidly and frequently in this area of law, and online sources may not be reliable or up-to-date.
G~
AMAZING BUT TRUE ... There is so much sand in Northern Africa that if it were spread out it would completely cover the Sahara Desert.
Gorfin
Pickpocket

Postby Atla » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:01 pm

Excellent find Gorfin - I'll read it and post up on it later tonight.

But as for now.. It's friday and time to live it up.
~Atla!
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns

Postby Atla » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:00 pm

Ok, my dinner date was pushed back by an hour. So I got a little bit of time.

Sturm you are completely right. I missed the 44 because I forgot about it. I also skipped the 9x19(9mm) and the 10mm. To try and keep it easier to understand for people who don't know anything about it.

The 10mm is basically a .40 anyways. But there is a crapload of 9mm pistols out there. Even though in my opinion it's a sucky-round.

(And I don't know everything - so if I'm wrong - please tell me.)

But yes, there are a variety of different loads that will move the different calibers up and down in the list.. I just jotted down a list real quick, but it's not set in stone. Such as a .22 magnum would move it up past the .25 caliber.

Also about shotguns. You can file the barrel down, and cut the buttstock to make it very concealable. But if you do - you're looking at around 10 years in a federal pen if it is found with just your fingerprints on it. Another incredibly stupid and ridiculous law that they are uptight as fuck about.

I had a friend saw a shotgun down a few years back, and I wouldn't go into his house or anywhere near him when he had it. He finally melted it down after incredible nagging from me and destroyed the buttstock.

(Possesion of a shortened barrel below 16 inches even if it is not attached to a firearm of any kind is a felony and if the feds or any cop had found the buttstock they may be able to wrangle probable cause and search his house and possibly throw him in jail for a little while.)

It ain't something you want to fuck with. Period.

Gorfin - I'm gonna have to do some research before I can comment. But my stance on the concealed carry is as follows.

1. It lowers the crime rate by simply having concealed carry allowed in the state.
2. The government has absolutely zero right to license what are obviously responsible gun owners and make a registry of them.
3. You shouldn't have to conceal a firearm in the first place.
~Atla!
Atla
Urban Cowboy w/Guns

Postby Nato » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:25 pm

I told my parents I was going to wear my gun in a holster.

Urban cowgirl.
Nato
Pickpocket

Postby Demi Hemerood » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:10 pm

Nato wrote:I told my parents I was going to wear my gun in a holster.

Urban cowgirl.

I bet your holster's held lots of guns.

:wink:
Demi Hemerood
Squire

Postby Adara » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:22 am

I'm looking for a little advice.

I can't hit a target. I grew up in a family of police officers, hunters, and military. I've fired a gun THOUSANDS of times. I've never made a hit. EVER. I (apparently, according to every male member of my family) jerk my arm/hand back as I fire.

I'm amazingly accurate with a compound bow, so I know that I can sight a target accurately. I just cant carry that accuracy over to a gun. Any suggestions from the gun guys?

Anyway, another suggestion to those who can't/wont carry a gun. Take a self defence class. A good one. Preferably taught by a police officer.

To expand on atla's screaming/cursing idea a little...

Women are taught to kick/knee bad guys in the groin. Bad guys know this. Its a weak spot yes, but they've generally had more time to plan their move than you have. They are gonna be protecting the area. Go for a hard blow to the throat. If you make contact, its more disabling anyway. People can ignore pain, they cant really ignore sudden loss of the ability to breathe. Plus, it has the extra added benefit of possibly killing them.

Other than that hard pressure to the eyes can disable by possibly blinding. A cupped hand hard against the ear can rupture an ear drum. A hard blow/kick to the solarplexus can disable and possibly kill (if you are really lucky). The pinky finger is easily broken by pulling outward. That will at least take some of the force out of his punches, as he wont be able to form a proper fist. Finally, if you are truely fucked, and you would-be rapists groin is already exposed, and you can manage it, squeezing the testicles with full force while pulling down can rupure them, possibly sending bad guy into shock. Its a last ditch move though, and if you fail, he's probably going to kill you.

Just my two cents...
I'd hold you every second
Say a million I love yous
Thats what I'd do with one more day with you.
~You will always be in my heart peanut~
Adara
Stablehand

Postby Sturm » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:56 am

I'm amazingly accurate with a compound bow, so I know that I can sight a target accurately. I just cant carry that accuracy over to a gun. Any suggestions from the gun guys?

Let the weapon's recoil move your arm, not you.
Squeeze the trigger more slowly.

Another weak spot for both men & women is a kick to the inside or outside of the side of the knee's, takes approximatley 7lbs of pressure to crack.
~Bo,Sart~ RiP~
It is a brave act of valor to condemn death, but where life is more terrible than death, it is then the truest valor to dare to live."
~Amo ut invenio~Fidei Defensor Vexillarius~
Sturm
Armchair Warrior

Location: Look up, see that funny colored star...Smile please!!

Postby Nato » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:13 am

The more the merrier!

As for beating up bad people, I was taught to poke eyes out.
Nato
Pickpocket

Next

Return to Comments